In partnership with CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance (PACA) will offer a workshop series aimed at developing leadership capacity and skills. This month, we'll focus on:
Strategic Thinking // Many of us are trained in our work and organizing spaces to be focused on the here and now, the current strategy and tactics. This approach often disconnects us from understanding “the bigger picture” of what our organization’s are up to. It also limits how we can contribute to the future success of our organizations.
To better participate with others in facing opportunities and challenges within our organizations, we can learn how to be better strategic thinkers. Strategic thinking is a process that allows us to think about, evaluate, perceive, and design the futures of our organizations and ourselves within them. How well strategic thinking is practiced at every level of our organizations can be the difference between arriving at the future imagined or the future imposed.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS WORKSHOP:
In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore how to ask “big questions” to get perspectives, insights, and opportunities from conversations that can lead to better decision-making
- Learn more about your organization by mapping out key relationships and aspects of organizational values and culture
- Understand the connection between a systems analysis and strategic thinking
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR YOU?
This workshop will be for you if:
- You want to learn to “see the big picture” resulting in better understanding of how decisions and changes make impact beyond your role
- You want to approach influencing change in your organization with curiosity and engaging multiple stakeholders
- You want to spend time thinking critically about how your organization functions
- You are willing to practice using new tools in a group setting to become a better leader
Workshops are open to all, co-op lovers and artistic entrepreneurs, emerging to established leaders, and beyond. Please RSVP in advance as sessions are capped at 20 and tend to fill quickly.
CultureWorks is committed to providing accessible programs, events, and services. Our space is wheelchair accessible with a gender-neutral, accessible bathroom. Please contact us via the email link below regarding additional accommodations - and we’ll do our best to assist.
Attendees agree to possibly having their photograph taken and their likeness used in future promotional materials.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost for these workshops will be on a sliding scale basis. We recognize that this kind of learning experience is often cost prohibitive for individuals, particularly leaders of color, low-income/low-asset individuals, and those from grassroots and small organizations.
Please find a cost that works for you. If you can afford to pay at the high end of the scale, please do! If you want to attend but can't pay, please contact us via the email link below - and we'll figure out accommodations.
All proceeds benefit PACA.
ABOUT PACA @ CW: COOPERATIVE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
PACA is bringing their monthly workshop series aimed at developing leadership to CultureWorks. Each month will cover a different topic and will share expertise, resources, and opportunities for coopeartives, not-for-profits, and for-profits throughout the Philadelphia region. It aims to strengthen the solidarity economy in the area by:
- providing rigorous leadership training opportunities
- establishing a network of peer-to-peer learning and skill sharing between co-ops and other social and economic-justice oriented organizations
- developing a regional cadre of leaders to grow the cooperative movement
MAR: Self-Awareness: What kind of leader are you?
APR: Conflict Resolution: How to manage and make better use of it
MAY: Self-Care and Leadership: When there’s so much to do!
JUN: Power and Leadership
JUL: Strategic Thinking
The Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance (PACA) is a cooperative whose members are co-ops in the Philadelphia region. PACA is also a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to growing the cooperative economy. Our mission is to improve the lives of people in the Philadelphia region by supporting democratically organized businesses, promoting the principles of the international cooperative movement, and growing the cooperative economy.
facebook | twitter
CultureWorks is a management commons for arts, heritage, and creative communities — a platform of space, human capital, and services to help artists not only survive, but flourish. With more than 200 members, including 80+ fiscally sponsored projects, they provide equitable access to management resources for both individuals and organizations, the makers and preservers of culture.